Promotional Video

Monday, January 14, 2008

"A Simple Call"

One day, I got a call from my uncle. He asked to speak with my father but he wasn’t home. I’ve only met him a couple times in my life. Usually, we may have a casual conversation like, "hi, how are you…" but this time was different.

We chatted for so long! It was nice to actually get to know my uncle. He asked all about my future plans and gave me insight on my heritage. It was along the lines of, "don’t let your life fly ahead of you; you have to think of your future and make something of yourself."

By the end, it felt like he was giving me fatherly advice… It meant a lot to me and inspires me to believe that I can do anything. I hope to prove to him and the rest of my family that I can be all that I can be.

I wanted to tell him that he would make a great father – but I didn’t know if that would hurt him since he can’t have children…

No comments:

All original content on payitforwardcomoxvalley © 2007 ValleyLinks