Promotional Video

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Gift of Time

When my daughter moved to another city to start university studies, I worried about her feeling disconnected and lonely. We called each other by phone, sent email messages back and forth and visited as often as was possible, nevertheless, I always worried that she might need something sometime and I wouldn’t know it. One day she called me to say how excited she was to have had a surprise visit that day from a couple from her home town who knew she was at the university and just thought they’d like to see how she was doing. That small gift of time and caring buoyed my daughter’s spirits for a long time. Years later now, she still speaks of how much she appreciated that small connection to “home”. Thank you to those who share the kindness of their time with others. You never know when your gift will be needed.

No comments:

All original content on payitforwardcomoxvalley © 2007 ValleyLinks