Promotional Video

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Making a Difference

Through my travel with the group called Katimavik I have learned an awful lot and had a lot of experiences that I would have never had if I had not joined the group.

It’s amazing how much people actually appreciate the little bit of help that you can do for them, people may not always show you gratitude or anything but deep down it means an awful lot to them. A recent experience I had on my travels occurred while I was working at the food bank in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.

I was handing out food to the needy not really realizing that what I was doing was helping people live there lives just a bit better than they normally would be with out my help. Then one day I was handing food out and I came across an elderly blind man who was by himself, realizing this I offered my assistance in helping him pack his food and get it to the taxi waiting for him, never in my life have I ever seen someone so thankful in their life, the elderly gentleman broke down in tears and thanked me repeatedly and saying god bless me over and over, at that point I realized that with a bit of help people are forever thankful.

No comments:

All original content on payitforwardcomoxvalley © 2007 ValleyLinks